Learning online offers you lots of flexibility, choices, and convenience. You choose the best time and place for you to study. No worries about driving to campus every week!
However, learning online may not be the best choice for every student — it depends on your personal learning style preferences.
Also, be aware that you need to actually have time available in your busy life for studying.
Learning Online Orientation
This Learning Online Orientation will help you to determine if distance learning is a good match for you. As you complete this section you'll find out the answers to the questions below:
- What are the characteristics of a successful online student?
- How much time do I have available for a course?
- What is my learning style preference?
- Am I ready to learn at a distance?
- Is my computer ready for distance learning?
- How can I find reliable resources on the Web?
Your instructor may direct you to complete a specific tutorial or group of tutorials from the list shown at the left.
Have fun exploring what it takes to be a successful online student!